Position: Director of Operations
Reports to: General Manager (GM), Assistant General Manager, Ownership
Oversees: All Aquatics facilities, related personnel, and programs
Job Classification: Exempt, full-time, year round
American Resort Management and our affiliated properties require 100% commitment from all associates, regardless of your position or role. You must perform quality work, act professionally in all cases and be a positive influence on our guests and our team. We require smiles, a positive attitude, attention to details and a passion for excellent guest service.
Job Scope/ Summary:The position of Director of Operations encompasses the implementation, administration, operations, and on-going evaluation of all operating elements at American Resort Management, including all water attractions and general operations. The position serves as a member of the Executive Team and is an integral part of the entire strategic initiative. This individual is responsible for ensuring all staff and operating standards in all departments upholds the maximum level of safety, cleanliness, upkeep, efficiency and guest experience and satisfaction.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Functions:
- Oversee Park Services Department including but not limited to the management of crew members, cleaning inventory and equipment.
- Assist with overseeing daily operations of all operations including Guest Services, Arcade, Aquatics, Maintenance, and F&B.
- Assist in developing, administering, implementing and monitoring guest experience and related programs in all designated zones.
- Assist in developing, administering, implementing and monitoring and embrace all aspects of the American Resort Management service culture.
- Acquire necessary knowledge of all mechanical systems within aquatic facility and demonstrate ability to operate and troubleshoot, as necessary.
- Knowledge of water quality, testing and monitoring procedures and demonstrate ability to react, as necessary to water conditions.
- Develop and execute an effective and fiscally responsible staffing plan.
- Work extensively with Engineering in maintaining a Preventative Maintenance, cleaning, and tracking program for equipment and facilities in all departments. This includes all back of the house and related areas.
- Periodically serve as MOD on the water park floor for the majority of service time providing direction to staff and observing the operation. Rotating around all areas continuously and with full awareness of all activities.
- Demonstrate follow-up, follow-through, and continuous improvement through the proper use of team meetings and team feedback.
- Become a member of the Executive Team as part of EPIC Waterpark strategic and budgetary plan.
- Attend Executive Team and supervisor meetings as scheduled. Be a productive and integral member of the Executive Team. Foster good team relationships, actively participate in profitability discussions, be highly aware of property and team goals and how to accomplish the Aquatics Department portion of those.
- Balance the operation in relation to the goals set forth for the entire American Resort Management operation, including: Guest Satisfaction, Associate Satisfaction, Sales and Revenue Budget and Profitability, Community Presence and Support and Ownership goals.
- Assist the General Manager and Assistant General Manager with all daily operations and projects as assigned.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college with concentration in Recreation, Public Administration or closely related field, AND three (3) years' experience working in aquatics environment, preferably with at least one (1) year of supervisory experience, OR an equivalent combination of closely related education, experience, work and training in an environment of similar size and scope.
- Lifeguard Instructor license preferred at time of hire, or must be acquired within 3 months of hire.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) of Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certificate preferred at time of hire, or must be acquired within the first 90 days.
- Proven track record of building a strong team, fostering an environment of respect, open communication, problem solving, priority for the guest and highest regard for life safety.
- Must have the availability to work all shifts, during normal operating hours of the waterpark. The Aquatics Director will work a minimum 50 hour week. Act as Manager on Duty on designated shifts.
- Must have open availability for any shift and will require closing shifts and possible overnight depending on needs of the business.
- Must work weekends and holidays as needed (any prior commitments must be addressed before starting date).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods. Ability to bend, kneel, reach, push and pull while performing job tasks. Must be able to lift 75 lbs or greater.