Reports to: General Manager, Director of Operations
Oversees: Engineering, Maintenance operations for entire park
Job Classification: Exempt-salaried; full-time
EPIC Waters and ARM-EPIC, LLC and requires 100% commitment from every associate, to uphold our core values and mission. Regardless of your position or role, you must display "over the top" hospitality to guests and fellow team members that goes beyond standard expectations. You must act with integrity, deliver a quality performance, be a positive influence on your team, act disciplined and professional, have accountability and ownership for your role and work with a smile.
Position Summary:Supervise, coordinate, and implement all aspects of the maintenance department, including but not limited to: hiring and training maintenance staff, all necessary park repairs, park upkeep and landscaping. Must be adept at prioritizing and delegating based on daily park needs. Must ensure the park is running in a safe and efficient manner, while maintaining courtesy and cleanliness standards. Director of Maintenance Services has oversight of the entire mechanical and technical operation of the waterpark, and is expected to be equally proactive and reactive to all situations as not to interrupt the flow of service or affect revenue opportunity.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and direct a large-scale building maintenance program including pool filters, pumps and motors, heaters, filtration systems, chemical systems, plumbing, carpentry, welding, electrical components, and systems, painting and interior repairs, HVAC systems, refrigeration.
- Ensure that water quality is maintained within legal limits and that overall water quality is superior.
- Maintain daily water samples as required and maintain per the proper agency.
- Monitoring of equipment, attractions, and functions of the facility using maintenance logs and detailed checklists on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Conduct daily ride and site inspections ensuring the highest possible standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency are 100% met. Keep these inspections on file and organized.
- Ensure all local, state or federal codes and regulations are upheld, including the Texas State Rules and Regulations Pertaining to Swimming Pools and Related Facilities.
- Review requests for repairs, maintenance, and alteration of park facilities; make recommendations on the technical feasibility of initiating major repair projects; determine priorities; make work assignments to maintenance staff, monitor progress, answer complaints or requests from departmental offices as necessary.
- Work with GM to know and improve methods and procedures needed to ensure the effectiveness of the on-going maintenance program.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a Preventative Maintenance (PM) plan for the Waterpark.
- Create and administer the property energy savings and recycling plan, including completion of relevant documentation and/or participation in programs that can save the property money. Track progress and savings on monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Ensure Chemical Safety is followed per OSHA and AR guidelines, including chemical storage, and maintaining MSDS program for the property.
- Exercise significant judgment in resolving problems that arise in normal building operations. Handle any guest complaints per company guidelines.
- Establish quality control and safety standards, develop budget and expense controls in departments of responsibility.
- Work with Insurance carrier underwrite to identify and correct problem areas.
- Devise effective operational work schedules for all staff.
- Assign and direct work to maximize utilization of personnel, equipment, and materials
- Practice good supervisory technique and leadership style, including being a "hands-on" leader.
- Responsible for updating or drafting job descriptions, manuals and policies for the Engineering department and all maintenance staff.
- Prepare and maintain effective and organized system for work records and reports, logs, inspections, and items dictated by law.
- Achieve and maintain effective working relationships with associates, contractors, and the public.
- All local, state and federal laws that needed to be followed by all maintenance personnel.
- Learn and operate all functions of the Centaman POS software used throughout the park.
- Extreme involvement with the aquatics department to ensure all areas of the aquatic floor remains in good repair.
- Be an active participant on the Executive Team, attend staff meetings and be a part of the management team that is striving to make Parrot Island Waterpark the best in the region.
Position Specific Requirements, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years' mechanical repair and /or facility maintenance.
- Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience.
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Agriculture Chemical Applicator License.
- Obtain and maintain a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification.
- Obtain and maintain all OSHA certifications as required by law. Administer all occupational safety and hazards precautions pertaining to all phases of building maintenance.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software as necessary.
Performance Measurement:Performance for the Director of Engineering and related associates is measured by the overall achievement of successful, large scale, building maintenance and management program. This means a safe and operationally sound building, equipment, and systems that further the guest experience. The Director of Engineering must also manage the costs of the department in relation to budget and overall property profitability. The property must be maintained in working order as to never affect revenue or profitability.
Physical, Schedule and Work Requirements
- Work a minimum of 50 hours per week, including weekends and nights, as necessary.
- Be available "on-call," in peak season, on an as-needed basis to ensure a consistent and continuous flow of the entire waterpark operation, avoiding down times and/or potential revenue loss.
- Availability to work during the entire season Memorial Day through Labor Day with minimal requests for extended periods of time off (any prior commitments must be addressed before start date.)
- Ability to stand for extended periods. Ability to bend, kneel, reach, push, and pull while performing job tasks. Must be able to lift 75lbs or greater.