Mr. Hays is General Manager of Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark in Grand Prairie, TX with over 20 years of experience in the aquatic amusement industry. He has played an instrumental role in opening and operating ARM's premier property as well as providing his wealth of operational knowledge with additional facilities within the company. From design through construction and into operation his ability to establish set guidelines and procedures has ensured successful startup operations.
Financially responsible while ensuring the guest experience is never affected has always been the driving force in his decision making and leadership. His operations continue to win service awards including acknowledgement from the World Waterpark Association. Along with these accolades his fiscal responsibility has ensured a positive return for the facilities that he has operated.
His dedicated focus to providing exceptional service and memorable experiences has continued to drive sales. He has trained and operated facilities across the country working for companies such as Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Resorts, Jeff Ellis and Associates as well as Marriott. He understands and equips his staff with the necessary training and understanding on how to provide a fun and enjoyable experience without the expense of neglecting safety.
Prior to managing Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark, Mr. Hays was Director of Operations for The Pump House at Jay Peak Resort, another retractable roof indoor waterpark. There he performed the role of managing all operations associated with the waterpark including, Admissions, Aquatics, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage. At the time it was the first indoor waterpark in the country with a curved retractable roof until Epic Waters opened in 2018.
Specific Waterpark Based Operations
August 2016- Present - General Manager
Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark, Grand Prairie, TX
- Setup guidelines and procedures for the successful opening of the largest indoor waterpark in Texas
- Provided feedback on construction of $46 million construction project
- Assist in the development of $8 million operating budget with an NOI of $1.9 million
December 2014-July 2016 - Director of Operations
The Pump House at Jay Peak Resort, Jay, VT
- Oversee operations of the Waterpark and Arcade while coaching up staff and setting policy that has increased our retention rate by 45% YOY
- Draft and managed $4.62 million departmental budget
February 2012-December 2014 - Director of Recreation
JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa, San Antonio, TX
- Oversaw operation of recreational programming, Fitness Center operation and 6 acre waterpark while maintaining a Top 3 ranking in Enjoyable Pool Experience in the JW brand
- Drafted and managed $2.26 million operational budget
- Set pricing strategies for cabana sales, kids care and retail to ensure maximum return while increasing departmental profit by 52% from 2011 to 2013
October 2006-February 2009 - Regional Director of Operations
Great Houston Pool Management, Inc, Houston, TX
May 2005-August 2005 - National Staff Auditor
Jeff Ellis and Associates, San Antonio, TX
April 2002 - April 2004 - Director of Operations
H2Oasis Indoor Waterpark, Anchorage, AK
May 1995 - May 2002 - Seasonal Operations Manager
Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Resorts, New Braunfels, TX